Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"X" Marks The Spot? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmrdaddy

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
I would like to "mark" an image control on a user form with a graphic or text element at the location where the user clicks the image.

I don't see a way to do this with the standard image control. I suppose one could superimpose another type of control over the image control and make it transparent. However, I haven't been successful. I don't know of a control that can be made to behave this way.

Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this.

jmrdaddy,

Didn't someone earlier suggest to you, using a Label with transparent background?

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Yep, didn't do what it needed to do. Trying a different forum. Is that a problem? A label won't place text or a graphic in space at specific coordinates.

Of course it will using the Top, Left, Width & Height Properties.

The CENTER COORDINATES, are probably what you are looking for, I guess...
Code:
With Label1
  .Left = x - .Width / 2
  .Top = y - .Height / 2
End With
where x & y are coordinate values.

What do you think?

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

jmrdaddy,

I belive the idea that CC had would be to keep your image control, but add a label wherever the user selected. You can set this by the Top and Left properties of the control.

Fred

Holy Smokes! You're talking about moving the label itself around!. Cool! I never thought about that. I was thinking about moving the text around inside the label itself. I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back