Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Windows 95 will install the following components" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverKulbach

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
DE
Hi everybody,
I have a problem which is not a big deal but makes me angry every mornig. When I start my Win95 PC, after the I logged on to my network a small window opens saying "Windows will install the following components:" and nothing behind that. And then it deletes my wallpaper and I have to go to the Display-config and set it up again. I have no idea where this "sh.."-window comes from and how I can get rid of it. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Best regards
Oliver

have you installed office 2000, or any of it`s components?

check what type of display driver windows is using maybe the correct driver needs to be installed .

In fact, I installed the latest MDAC Version. Might there be the problem?
Thanks
Oliver

Installing MDAC will create a new entry in the registry that runs every time Windows starts. You can remove this annoying message if you delete the following key "mdac_runonce" in the registry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Once you delete this key, you will not get the message again. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot,
that tip worked. Makes my morning much better.
best regards
Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back