Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Voice Commander is not available"

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincyb

Vendor
May 6, 2004
US
Hi,

We are using an Intuity Audix system with our Magix system. When I set up a night mode, and have it transfer to a mailbox so we can capture messages left by customers after hours, they hear "Please wait", and then "Voice Commander is not available, to leave a message, speak after the tone..."
Is there any way to remove the "Voice Commander" name, and replace it with something else?
Thanks,
Michael

Isn't "Voice Commander" a different voice mail system than Intuity Audix?

Pepperz@charter.net

It is coming up in 2 different voices - like it's a default name or something within the system - "voice commander" and then "is not available" with the usual Avaya woman's voice. I have tried recording names for every extension I can think of, and yet it is still coming up with "voice commander"... It is an Intuity Audix 5.0 system working with a Magix 3.0 system...
Thanks,

Does someone have their computer answering one of the phones on the system? Try listening to the voice Commander menu and see if you can do something with it, transfer to another extension, etc. Usually when you hear Audix say "please wait", the Audix is transferring to another extension. Could this extension be offsite? Try looking at the Audix AA that is supposed to be in service during the off hours.

Pepperz@charter.net

voice commander" is the name recorded on the mailbox. I believe that u press 5 and 5 again to record that name when logged into the mailbox, or if u give it a personal greeting and activate it, then that will be heard. To find out which mail box it is, dial the number when the Intuity does not have any calls coming into it, and watch the system monitor in the Intuity to see what mailbox it is going into. Also check the "display auto routing" to make sure that the number is not in the "called number"field in the Intuity. This could be routing the call to a different mailbox.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestions!

By following the "logic" of how we had our switch set up, I was able to follow it back to the queue we had set up on the Magix... I was thinking it was on the Audix side, but it was the Magix, with queue 778. Once I recorded a name for that, now it no longer says "voice commander", and comes up with our name...
Problem solved!
Thanks again for all the suggestions, they made me look at things from other angles, and that's what solved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back