Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Version not found" error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

qawttm

MIS
Feb 19, 2003
US
Hello,

We are running VSS 6 SP 5 on Windows 2000 Server (I verified that VSS database is in 6 format). When I do recursive GET by the label in VSS Explorer I am getting "version not found" errors for SOME of the sub-projects. These "problem" sub-projects give the error no matter which label is used. I can GET inidividual files from these sub-projects using the same label without a problem.
Analyze did not show any errors.
There is an article in MS Knowledge Base about "version not found" error but they say it happens when you use version 5 database with VSS 6 which is not the case with us.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Gawtmm,

I have the idea you have not set the label on all the sub-projects you try to GET now.
Place a label on the highest possible project if you plan to do a recursive label GET in the future.
I hope this helps.

Madere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back