Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Unrecoverable processing error occurred" When Loging Into SMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade88

Technical User
Mar 18, 2013
BS
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm receiving the above mentioned error when trying to login. I have identified that /dev/xvdb in the "var" directory is full and is most likely the cause of this happening.

Screenshot_2024-07-11_141455_m77b9w.png

I'm not very familiar with the commands required to go any deeper than what's shown here, so I just need some guidance on what commands to run and knowing what's safe to delete to free up the space needed to function.

This is an older firmware release (6.3). Any assistance is highly valued.

Look in the /var/home/ftp/pub directory and see if you have a bunch of patches or firmware sitting in there. I've run into a similar issue in the past and Avaya advised me to clean up this directory. You may have some old patch files sitting in there.

Good day gents.

So I'm back at it now today, truly appreciate the replies so far. You guys are single-handedly making me want to take a linux course, especially considering I have a Steam Deck and wanna start tinkering a lot with it lol.

Anyway, this is the output for the combination of both of your suggestions
1_lrcsbv.png

And this is just phoneguy's output:
2_gjahua.png

do a ls -l on those files. not sure if the command you ran shows in bytes or KB or MB. Can`t be MB, but if it`s KB it's 12 GB and not 12MB. Your 25GB in /var/tmp + 12 in /var/home + 11 in /var/log seem to add up to the 50 you got in your df -h

Hey Kyle,

I ran it with the -h, I imagine this is what you wanna see?

3_qzwlt7.png

4_kdizhl.png

Good day,

I'm good to go for now. I removed several large backup files from within the dadmin account directory. For the people coming after me, I just did a "cd /var/home/dadmin", then a "shred -u filenameyouwantdeleted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back