Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Unable to create report" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenniej78

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
US
I have a simple database and am trying to create a simple query using the wizard, but every time, I get a message that says "The wizard is unable to create your report." with an 'OK' button and no further explanation. When I try to create a report in design view, nothing will even open up. I have tried different .mdb files with no success. Any ideas? I am using Access '03 with SP3 installed. Any ideas?

Lennie
Are you trying to create a query or a report? You indicate you are trying to create a query but then say the message is "The wizard is unable to create your report."

Have you tried reinstalling to make sure that all the wizards are installed?

Tom

I did some digging on another forum and found what was causing the problem. I had my default printer set to a networked Samsung color laser printer. I set my default printer to another networked laser (an HP 8150) and now Access works perfectly!

That doesn't make any sense, but it has fixed the exact same problem on two other PCs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back