Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Unable to attach" Access is denied. to Backup admin prividges are req

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tectonic

Technical User
Aug 4, 2004
US
I am running Backup exec 8.6 and am able to aback up the root directires of the hard drive fine but when I try to back up the system I get the error message "access is denied . To backup or restore system state, admin privilegdges are required. I have used the local admin password of the machine to attach without success. I have a collection of 6 servers. 3 are backingup the system state fine but the other three gives the error message.
Anyone has any inputs???

Is the remote agent service started with the "local system account"?

what account is being used for the 3 machines that are working? Use the same account on the 3 machines that are not and you should resolve your problem. I have also sometimes found that logging in as the "backup" account and creating the job makes the backup successful. Can you actually browse and attach to the probelmatic machines from the host backup machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back