Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Toolbars" Disabled - Only on My Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbad1986

Technical User
Apr 1, 2002
US
I've been having a problem with my Toolbars. Recently I changed TweakUI to "Disable Web on Desktop" but now I can't get it back, meaning that when you right click the toolbar and try to add QuickLaunch/etc--they are "faded" out and you can't click them.

I can't figure out how to enable it now, I've tried checking/dechecking forever in TweakUI but nothing works.

This is only on my account too, when I create another it works fine. I would just do that, but then I have to change all my settings around again.

Have you got a "Start" button you can right click on and gain access to Properties and then Taskbar that way?

How recent did you change these settings? Can System Restore get you back before that?

Yes, I can go into properties. I am the "admin" of the computer, if you're asking that.

I don't know when I did this so I can't use System Restore.

Right click on Start click Properties/Taskbar. On the window titled Taskbar and Start menu properties are all the options greyed out there, or can you reset them?

You could also try System File Checker (Sfc.exe /Scannow) to see if this might fix your problem. But I suspect it is a Registry change that is causing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back