Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"To Voicemail" issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty_IT

Technical User
Feb 13, 2017
CA
Hey All,

rather odd issue I have going on here. When a person receives a phone and the hit the "To VM" button after one ring, whether that callers leaves a voicemail or not, the end user doesn't get the notification. However, if it rings twice, the end user will get the voicemail notification. Any one have thoughts or a similar issue?

IPO build 10.1.0.1.0 build 3

Hi Joe2938,
I have a planned upgrade for another system tonight and that they highest I go...

There are lots of versions at 10.x you could try with out needing an upgrade license, also maybe a reboot might work.

What type of lines and call appearance or line appearance?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Line are from a PRI into the IPO. Nothing special setup from the default. just when a user Hit the "to VM" button on the first ring the message never gets recorded or a notification sent out. but after 2 rings and hits the button, the voicemail notification goes out.

To Joe2938 - I'm currently on the highest version I can without getting a license to upgrade to version 11.0

No you can upgrade to 10.1.0.3.0 without any additional licensing. That would be the 3rd service pack for R10.1 and you are on the 1st service pack.
Upgrading to the highest service pack within your current major release is always a good place to start with issues like this.

Also is the voicemail embedded or voicemail pro? Intuity or IP office mode? If voicemail pro what version is it running?

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Looks like SP4 was just release yesterday, I'm guessing in order to see the latest update I would need to upgrade my IPO Manager first, because right now, I can't upgrade any further.
On this particular system, we are using voicemail pro at revision 10.0.0.4.0 build 10.

Now would it be best to bring vm pro up to the same level as my current IPO and test, or bring everything up to latest? and go from there?

Wait you are using R10.1.0.1.0 on the control unit and voicemail pro is R10.0.0.4.0??? Ya might want to start by having matching releases...

Second to answer your question about upgrading whatever version of manager you have (or point at with the working directory to be technical) is what you see when you do an upgrade.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

thanks everyone for the tips, I've updated 2 out of 4 systems to version 10.1.0.4.0 Build 7 with voicemail pro to match, and issues seems to be resolved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back