Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"The printer could not be found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathykmb

Technical User
Jul 25, 2000
US
I access reports created by co-workers through the network.  The program hangs when I try to open a report on a server, but if I copy it to my hard drive it will open and I can refresh it.  However, I cannot print.  In fact, I have no printer selection available at all.  I can do a preview.  When I choose File/Print File/Printer Setup I receive this error message:  "The printer could not be found."  Can someone tell me how to assign overcome this problem please!

My apologies is this sounds like a simplistic answer, but it sounds as if you do not have<br>any printers installed.&nbsp;&nbsp;Go to Start, Settings, Printers, and see what is in that box.&nbsp;&nbsp;If<br>there is nothing but an Add Printer icon, that's the problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;Double click on that icon<br>and follow the instructions to add your local (or a network) printer.&nbsp;&nbsp;On the other hand<br>if you see printers in the box, but they are greyed out, they are not available for your<br>use for one reason or another.&nbsp;&nbsp;You may have to delete them and re-install them, or<br>look at the properties for each and determine why you can't access them.<br><br>Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back