Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"The number dialled can not be reached from your area" + PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaseJitter

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2004
CA
We are not able to dial 1800 numbers over our new PRI. The provider has indicated that we need to send them an area code + NNX to compare to a 1800 database. Where would I configure this?? Our public DN length has been set to 12.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charles

why 12 digits there's only 11 digits in the 800 number.

Yes but you don't send the "99" as part of your dial out do you?

Thanks Hawks,

I don't know what we're sending. Where would I look for this item?? Does it have something to so with absorbed digits? I've read the faq on PRI setup, and it says that the absorbed digit should be set to "1". I think ours is set to "All". We have a Dest Code of 99 which points to the route to the PRI.

Charles

If you are using centrex (not sure if that is avalible over PRI) then you would have absorb as 1. If this is a normal PRI then use absorb all. Unless you are bulding a numbering plan (that's another ball game). Then go to your public DN length and change it back to 11 for 1plus dialing. Can I ask why you have the Desti Code as 99.

We had 29 copper trunks, and staff were used to dialling 99 to access a drive pool (and to select centrex)? Anyway, we thought it would be easier to create a Desti code that was the same as what people were used to dialling to grab an outside line.

Since you are using a PRI then you also are using destination codes and routes, so the following questions:

Is 99 the destination code or is it just 9?
What digits are absorbed in the destination code?
What route is the destination code using?
What digits are outdialed on the route?
What pool are you using for the route?

I am assuming that since you are only having problems with the 8XX numbers that other LD is working OK? Compare the other long distance destination codes to the `18XX destination codes, this might give you an idea.

I am not able to play with a bench setup like this so I cannot say what effect the Public DN Length will have on it.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

another thought is that the only time I have seen/heard that recording is from toll free service providers. by that I mean it sounds like you are actually getting out to the toll free provider but the number that they are receiving from you as the originator of the call is not recognized by them......
Check your station DN and make susre that you have a valid number in the OLI# for the station. if the LD is not getting any OLI from you then it may be rejecting the calls out of hand. I would look at this first.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

If you are only aborbing 1 then you are sending out the second 9 that is why the carrier does complete the call. They see it as 91800xxxx.

Change your routing to 9any route to pri absorb 1,and tell your customers to GET OVER IT.

Thanks for all Suggestions.

The existing OLI on each set matches the extension at the desk, eg 264. When I changed one, to the main number, I was able to place 1800 toll-free calls. I think this is the answer. Thanks again for all the contributions.

Charles

You should have the OLI to be the DID number (if you are required to have e911 in place) other than that it is just a nicety to have the CID that your customers call show up as the number called from. if you make it the main number then callbacks off of CID will all abe going to your receptionist.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back