Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"The entered credential information is incorrect" on login to applicat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina2

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
US
From a remote client's Citrix Program Neighborhood, when I double-click to open an Application Set configured for our local XPa servers, it prompts for username/password/domain. Yet even when valid credentials are entered, it displays an error dialog (see subject line).

The Citrix XP Forum shows help as being: Add "Authenticated Users" to the "Allow log on locally" and "Allow log on through Terminal Services" local security policy settings. But that has not solved our problem.

I can:
1) connect to the server (for a desktop session) directly from both inside and outside our network (PIX firewall) using a custom connection on ICA clients (both v7.00.17534 and v8.100.29670 work) and
2) connect to the application set (for a published, load-balanced desktop session) from inside our network.

Thus, the trouble seems to be related to either something being filtered by the firewall (1494 is open, of course), or the Citrix application set authentication having a problem validating the credentials with Windows.

Our environment includes:
MetaFrame XPa SP3 FR3 on Win2k3 Std. Ed. (two servers)
SBS2k3 (for DC)
WinXPro desktops

Any additional ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Tina

Hi Tina, on the client you have to go into Tools > Ica Settings and tick

Pass_through Authentication and
Use Local credentials

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Thanks Scott,

Unfortunately, we have already tried every combination of those settings. To reiterate, I can connect directly to both servers from inside and outside. It is connecting to the application set from the outside only that gives me the error.

Any other ideas?

Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back