Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"The datahas been chaged" with SQL7 Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

timgill

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2001
US
Running SQL7 Desktop on Win98 machine. I have an access application using a SQL7 database. When using a form (any form) to change data in a field, if I edit the record, save it, then try to make another change to that same record, I get the "The data has changed. Another user edited this record . . .". Now, this is on a standalone workstation, not even connected to a network, so I know that another user is not connected. I am the only one.

Also, when using the same database/form ON the network connecting to a standard version of SQL7, everything is fine. The one on my laptop I am using for development with a copy of the "live" database running on Desktop edition SQL7.

Any ideas?
Tim Gill
Gill Consulting

Figured it out myself. I added a timestamp field to each table, and now have no problems. Tim Gill
Gill Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back