Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Still in transfer" when transferring to DN speeddial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jml1911a1

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a Nortel CICS with 6 users. All the phones have speeddials to other DNs. When a call comes in and needs to be transferred to another user, the person receiving the call presses "Transfer" under the LCD, then the speeddial for another user's phone.

This worked like a charm until a while ago--now, one user can't transfer calls. When she presses "Transfer", then the speeddial button for another user, the message "Still in Transfer" comes up on the screen. Note: This is only for one of the phones. The rest of the phones work fine. The user can manually dial the DN of the person she wants to transfer to, she just can't use the speeddial.

Any ideas what could cause this?

It's possible that the button that u think is the dn/sd maybe something else now... i would verify what is on the key 1st buy pressing f*0 then the key in question. If it is something else just press f*2 the key then the ext.

Thanks for the input, guys.

OK, when I do F*0, the buttons are blank. However, I have them programmed in F**266344 on every phone (I don't think they're called speeddial in there--can't remember what they're called). If I program those buttons in F*2 to be a speeddial, call transfer works fine, but the buttons no longer show the status of the phone assigned to that button.

I don't have speeddial programmed (F*2) on any of the other phones, and transfer works just fine from those.

We would like to be able to see the status of other phones; is there a way to do this and still be able to use those buttons for transfer?

Thanks for your help!

do you want answer dn's or internal autodials?
what type of set are you using?

Not sure of the proper terminology, but we want to:

1) See the status of other phones
2) Use those buttons for transfer

Off the top of my head, I believe the phones are Nortel 7316s or 7116s. I could be remembering that incorrectly, but I'm 99% sure the last two #s are 16. (I'm not at the office right now...)

Thanks, norstarboy125, for your help!

The term is BLF (Busy Lamp Field), and depending on your S/W level an Internal Autodial (Ftr*2) can do both.

Adversity is Opportunity

Just fixed the same problem. Button was blank, lost programming.

NARSBARS

NARSBARS: Ftr*2 or in the system programming? I've still not fixed it to my satisfaction: When programmed w/ F*2, BLF doesn't work.

I thought F*2. Did you F*0 to check the programming?
Now I will be waiting to find out if I was just lucky on mine. Please let us know.

NARSBARS

What is programmed on the other phones. F*0.
To program a button with F*2 that is an autodial.
In the system to put on a button is an answer DN.
If the phones are the same copy a good one to the one not working.

When you copy a set's buttons, the default autodials skip the extension you're copying from. So on x221, the default 221 autodial button is blank. If you copy that to x222, the 221, and 222 button will be blank...

Using f*2 is your best bet to ensure buttons do what you want. Note: you can't program over line appearances, intercom's, handsfree, or ans dn buttons. All others are fair game.

All the phones are programmed the same, as verified by F*0. Still, one phone's BLF doesn't work. (I'm 99% sure it worked at one time, then seemed to suddenly stop working.)

Any other ideas? Anyone?

is that a blf on a m7310 , or just the regular button display on a t7316 , or are you talking about a cap , or kim module

I have had weird troubles with old (pre iss 16) m7310 sets with (the 24 lamp) BLF display attached, on new mics and cics. Most of the time everything seemed to work fine but. i did have blf's going dead intermittently , unplug the set and reset it and it would be ok for a while , and then quit again .I swapped the old sets out for a more recent issue and all was ok

They're all t7316s, nothing extra. Just one day, one phone stopped being able to transfer. F*0 showed that the buttons were blank. I did F*2 to program all buttons, and while that phone can now transfer to other phones, BLF doesn't work.

Weird. Is there a setting on each phone that would prevent/allow BLF?

No there is no setting for on or off it should work ,try changing the port. If that dosent work you have a bad phone.
Do the lines show in the display?

try just swapping two of the sets around, see if the trouble follows the set or the port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back