Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Show All Records" on a Timer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocan

Programmer
Jun 28, 2004
US
How could I put the "Show all Records" command on a timer for a form? What code do I need?

OR maybe a better way. Here's my situation:

I have a main form, with an invisible subform(linked to a query). The main form has a text box linked to a field on the subform. And I would like the query & textbox to update without having to close & reopen the form.

I appreciate any help.

Have a look at the Requery and Recalc methods of the Form object.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Could you expand a little bit on that tip? I would appreciate it.

IN the forms on timer event the code needs to read

me.requery

or me.refresh or me.recalc or me.repaint which ever is most appropriate for your from.

also be sure you set the timer interval property or it will never fire. Also make sure the interval is reasonable or it will suck the life out of your server.

The above Me.Recalc works, but I run into 1 problem when that form & another form is open it recalcs both forms. How can I get it to only recalc the 1 form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back