Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Send Using" command in Outlook98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech34

MIS
Oct 9, 2001
US
Does anyone know if there is a way to have outlook prompt you as to which account to use when sending an e-mail?
I have several different e-mail accounts set up and it would be nice when I sent an e-mail to have outlook prompt me as to which one to use.
Thank you

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click the Mail icon .
Click Show Profiles.
Do one of the following:
To specify a profile to be used every time you start Microsoft Outlook, click Always use this profile, and then, in the list, click the profile you want.

To be prompted to select the Outlook user profile to use each time you start Outlook, click Prompt for a profile to be used.

When I open up the mail icon in the control panel I see the same "Internet Accounts" dialog box that I see when I click on "accounts" in the Outlook98 program.
I do not see a box to check for either show profiles or prompt for profile to be used.
I am using Outlook98 on a Winnt 4.0 SP5 system.

Kes

When u open the mail icon inthe control panel I think u should be able to see a GEneral Tab under Accounts or profiles . Under this GEneral TAb U have Add , Remove,Properties under which u should be having the option of chosing 2 options
1.Prompt for a profile to be used
2.Always use this profile

Hope u get it

Hi,

I am grateful for KES' question. I have a similar problem, but I also think that he might have been understood.

Is it possible to do it the Outlook Express way, when you can choose an E-mail account to send from? Using the method suggested above can be tedious.

Secondly, I tried to redesign the 'Message' form under Tools->Forms in MSOutlook and tried to add "E-mail Account" field into the form on top of "To:", it could not work well form me.

Any ideas as to how this can be done.

Maricus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back