Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Save as..." windows pop up !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojdhi

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
FR
hi.
i'm having a serious problem.
each time i try to open any MS application, i have the "Save as.." window pop up...

is that a virus ?
how can i remove that ??,

Thx

I doubt it's caused by a virus but run a scan:

What operating system is it? Can you run other programs like msconfig? (click start--run--msconfig) Have you restarted the computer since the problem appeared and how long has this problem been around?

Also, did you install/uninstall anything or make any changes just prior to this problem?

My OS is Win XP Pro.
I made no specific change before it happened.

i've had this problem since 2 months now...
i've done a virus scan : nothing

Thx in advance

Save as is a small application that is downloaded and installed with Kazaa. I found it on my machine too, Im pretty sure it doesnt do much because ive swept it with Norton and Adaware. Harmless as far as I know. _______________________
Happy to Help if i can. If my posts have been of any help plz click the link below.........................

Stretchy [Pipe]

You are right. I've been on Kazaa a few weeks ago.
But norton didn't find anything. Maybe my virus definitions were a bit too old. Do you know where this program was ?

Thx.

I think (if memory serves) that it can be found in your Program Files directory. Like I said I doubt very much whether its a virus, I first thought it was an Ad popup tool. Its never done anything on my system so I just deleted it. Kazaa still works ok. _______________________
Happy to Help if i can. If my posts have been of any help plz click the link below.........................

Stretchy [Pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back