Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Records added" progress doesnot go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brezhnev

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
CA
Hi all!
I have long process running that modifyes database structure. Progress bar with caption "Records added" pops up -- > never updates --> not released after process is over. Results of modifications are as desired.
How can I clean this message ? Why in my case FoxPro doesnot release it itself?

Thank you

Hi Brezhnev,

I'm not sure which progress message this is. What code you are you using to "modify database structures"? Is the progress bar produced internally by VFP, or is it created by your own code?

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

Hi Mike!
It's FoxPro generated message that appears once you're running long scans and replayces.

Mike,

You get the message if you update the structure of a large table with a significant number of memo records. I guess VFP imports the memo table after the main data table is regenerated.

I suspect that poor old VFP is struggling to work with Windoze and the screen drivers and available memory.

I would try doing a form repaint, but in my own case - where a 'big read' has been done, such as a pack and reindex or major restructure, I force an exit of the application to release memory.

Sledge hammer and nut, but it does force VFP to release its resources!

HTH

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Also make sure you haven't reached the max file size limitation. Or maybe disk space limitation.
You may be better off creating the modified table structure using COPY STRUCTURE TO ...., modifying that, then appending from the original table.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back