Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Record is not locked" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTGeek88

Programmer
Nov 4, 2003
US
I'm doing a project for a client and one of their VFP apps is a tool that moves data around between VFP tables and Informix tables. They have source code, but are not sure it's the most up-to-date and they don't want to decompile and replace the app with a new version based on that decompile. This is mostly due to proceeding with an abundance of caution. But what I'm doing is to document the app given the source we do have (which I think is up-to-date) and to document the stored procedures in various VFP databases. Part of what I'm doing is to determine what SPs are being used, how often, and how long they take to run (some are quite inefficient). To do that I have added some instrumentation code to the SPs so that we can log all that info. Before my code runs, I save the DB selected and the table selected and after adding the record to the logging table, I reselect the originally selected DB and table. Unfortunately, with the new SP code, we get a "Record is not locked" error in the program. Changing the DB and table should not change whether a record is locked or not in the originally selected table, so I'm unclear on what might be going on here and the program that's running and calls the SP has no real error trapping and logging. I don't feel my code is generating the error because I have a Try-Catch around it and any error is logged to a text file and I'm seeing no errors. I'm going to give my code another once-over and test the Try-Catch error code again (just for drill), but if you have any thoughts on this, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back