Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"reading" old e-mail .dbx files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerhunter68

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have been told that all of the old e-mails are stored in a file called .dbx and was wondering how to "read" these old files. Whenever I try to open one, all I get is unintelligable garble.

Thanks,
deerhunter68

Please open your existing Outlook Client and then Open New Folder, and locate your DBX file. I am pretty sure that will work.

Thanks hanson3d,

The article you directed me to was very helpful and the DBXtract program was exactly what I was looking for. By the way, is there a problem in deleting these .DBX files from the system permanently to save some hardrive space?

deerhunter68

surely the only way to get your emails out of express cant be spending $30 on a program?

when you go to express and click export it seems to do the job, but where do those messages go after they are exported, there is no save as.

doing my nut.... all i want to do is get all my messages out of express and onto my new computer... id mail them but there is more than 1000 messages that i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back