Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Read Only" appears in Sidekick 98 header

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallums

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
US
I installed my Sidekick 98 on my new computer and can see all of my data, but cannot enter anything new. The header reads: "C:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick98\userdata\web (Read-Only)". I cannot enter any new info and have gone to Properties many times, cleared the Read Only status - Saved and it does not change. Using Windows XP Pro. Any help?

Dear pallums,
Where are you accessing your files from?
Try Opening a Cardfile (is that Cardfile really called Web?) and then Press F12.
When the Dialog opens and asks you where you want to save it, save it to another location under a different name.
Then try to edit it.
It could be that you are changing the attributes of another identically named Cardfile...

Post back if that doesn't work!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

James,
Thanks for kicking my brain into gear. I checked the attributes of the files that I had used to open the cardfile and sure enough, they were all marked "Read Only". Sometimes it just takes some detective work and it is solved. Thanks for your help!

Dear pallums,
It's a pleasure!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back