Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Q Mo" intermitently hangs tsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlen

Programmer
Dec 1, 2005
GB
randomly running a q mo returns no information and appears to hang the system, (this may be that its already hung or the q mount is causing it)

there is nothing in the actlog and no errors are thrown up it just hangs, no backups proceed they all stay qued.

this requires a reset of the tsm service.

im runnin tsm on aix
the library is an ibm3585

many thanks

be sure to have the correct drivers installed ( latest version of Atape).Do you have the same problem when you connect to the library with tapeutil? It it sth that has allways given a problem, or has it begun appearing after a while?Did you get any errors in your errpt on AIX?Have you run a diag on your scsi card ?

rgds,

R.

all drivers are uptodate.
this is only a very rare instance it is very intermittent about 2wice every 3 weeks. this error has appeared in the last 2-3 months in a couple of environments. no errors on the aix log. all hardwear has been looked at by an ibm engineer and tested okay.

it happend again last night requiring a reset.

Just curious, what is the full TSM Server version that you are running?

Sias

Happened to me before. It was caused by TSM DB deadlock (according to the activity log).

I suggest a call to IBM...They will probably respond with "updgrade to the later version".

The version i am unsure of i know it is 5.6 something

in this case though our actlog is empty it shows normal ops right up till the hang and then is empty until the taime the tsm service is killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back