Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Pure Virtual Function Called" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

power

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2000
CA
We are using a program written in FPW2.6A. When we try too print to our HP4050N printer we get a 'Pure Virtual Function Called' error. This seem to happen to other users using newer HP printers. Could it be lack of support in the new drivers for 16 bit programs?

Not sure, but if so then you could probably work around it by using an older HP driver (eg LaserJet 4) for printing from FoxPro, since, HP printers tend to maintain a fair degree of backward compatibility.

Someone else did post a similar thing (Pure Virtual Function Call) on this forum last year, but I don't recall if we had a solution

When you create a report on your machine Fox stores the printer information (that is your printer information) in the report database so that the next time you run the report it will try to use the same printer and the settings you specified ie Page settings such as landscape, letter, etc; if fox can't find the printer it normally gives you some strange errors. What I normally do is remove the printer information from the report databases ie the ".frx", the disadvantage in doing this is that the report prints to the default printer using the default settings; unless the user sets up the printer using 'print setup'. I think the information is stored in the 'Tag' fields of the report database.

Hope this helps

Gem aka "the new KID"

The older driver will work fine, but with the older drivers you do not have the tray options. Without the tray options, it is pointless to have these printers!

I've been fighting with this one for awhile. Turns out that HP development is aware of the problem. Their initial development of this series of drivers (1100, 1200, 2000, 2200, 4000, 4100, etc) were not tested with FoxPro runtime reports. Unfortunatly, the only fix available is to downgrade drivers to LJ 5, LJ 4, drivers. I am a partner with HP development, and am told that this may be addressed in future releases of the drivers, but not to expect them as updated releases for current drivers.

Hi, I have similar problem, I have: Win98 SE, FPW 2.6a (with patch) and Network (point to point). Printer: HP LaserJet 1200 (LPT1:\\pc1\HPLJ1200)
I seek in base knowleadge of HP and install patch for this printer (HP LaserJet 1200) but not work...
I open report with use command and delete information in the field tag and tag2 but not work...

I hope helpme... Thanks

MexMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back