Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"PRIVACY EXPERT 7 SCREEN CO-ORDINATOR" locked up system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjaykay

Technical User
Jan 17, 2002
GB
Hi All

I have a customer, who is in a panic with a locked up pc running windows Xp Pro, on start up it all looks A ok but then when loaded produces a window with the following statement

"PRIVACY EXPERT 7 SCREEN CO-ORDINATOR"

and nothing else, this has locked down the entire system, I have done all the usual searches but have come up with nothing to explain this problem or a possible solution.

I have done the standard telephone support stuff but have been unable to gain access to the system at all.

I am guessing at a spyware/adware conflict with either a an anti virus/firewall prog running on the system or with windows xp privacy policy system.

Any help with this one would be very gratefully appreciated.

Regards
Jaykay

Hi there,

Did you manage to gain access in safe mode?

Yes got into safe mode, but into safe mode and its still a problem, but not the same message in safe mode message reads

" Privacy expert module system failure code 089"

I think this may be a mbr problem that is looking for another ( Spyware,adware prog etc) but is unable to locate it due to it not being loaded in safe mode.

THe plus side is that If i cancel the message I can get to the hard drive data, so it looks like data transfer onto another hard drive, then either manual look for the prob or simply do a re load.

Thanks for looking
If I do get to the bottom of this one I will post the results

Cheers

jayjkay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back