Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Please wait ..." Blinking Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

xburgler

Programmer
Apr 6, 2001
DE
I have created a "please wait" form whenever I need the user wait to the end of an action. The problem is that I have made (using ontime) an blinking label and doesn't work wend the list is being filled. The sequence is: Button Click -> Hourglass On -> Open Form ("Please Wait") -> Fill the list -> Close Form ("Please Wait") - Hourglass of

Does anyone can help me ?

Tanks
Jorge

Did you ever find a solution? I am currently experiencing the same problem-- I have a process that runs, and while that process is running, I want to display a "Be Patient" form, but the process causes the form to load very slowly. In fact, the process is usually over before the form every loads!

Thanks!

Deanna

DoEvents.....

Forces the code to give some processor time to refresh the screen display.....

Craig

Would a progress meter help? Access has one that can be displayed with a bit of code (look for 'Progress meter' in Help). I haven't used it myself but it doesn't look to traumatic to use and I'm sure it has come up in a Forum if you have a search for it.

HTH

aexley

hey, I have a question that kind of has to do with this. Does anyone know how to disable the hourglass thing so that it doesnt show up when the cpu is working? It's pretty annoying, I would rather it just not change the pointer icon at all. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back