Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"phantom" extensions 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2006
US
Need to know if this is possible.

I have a customer that is a realty company with a MICS (earlier version, @3.0)and a PRI with @20 DID's, Callpilot 150

They want each agent to have a Private line.

At their old location, a lot of the sets stayed permanently forwarded to the agents' cell phones.

Some agents don't ever come into the office, so when they moved to their new location, they only cabled for the agents that kept office hours.

Now they want calls on those private lines forwarded to the cell phones of agents that don't have desk sets.

My thoughts:

1) If they don't care whether or not the agents have system voice mail- set up destination codes using the recieved digits of the targets and build routes that point to the agents' cell phones. this would send all calls on those lines to their mobiles and they can use their mobile voicemail.

2) If they want system voicemail for the agents- install an ASM, program the extensions to FNA 2 rings, program VM boxes to give the caller the option to leave a message or press X to be redirected to the agent's mobile. Since the system can't tell whether or not an actual device is plugged into an analog port, this should eleminate the need to have a station with a set plugged in for voicemail.

Anyone tried either of these approaches? suggestions? recommendations?

A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

5- 15 seconds

I think it's a combination of lag from the CO and lag from the Wireless carriers.

It's a PRI. I demo'd for the customer and for now he's just happy it's doing what he wants it to do.

The only odd part is 8 lines redirected using a 7 digit local number, one needed 10 digits. go figure.

A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back