Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"phantom" extensions 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2006
US
Need to know if this is possible.

I have a customer that is a realty company with a MICS (earlier version, @3.0)and a PRI with @20 DID's, Callpilot 150

They want each agent to have a Private line.

At their old location, a lot of the sets stayed permanently forwarded to the agents' cell phones.

Some agents don't ever come into the office, so when they moved to their new location, they only cabled for the agents that kept office hours.

Now they want calls on those private lines forwarded to the cell phones of agents that don't have desk sets.

My thoughts:

1) If they don't care whether or not the agents have system voice mail- set up destination codes using the recieved digits of the targets and build routes that point to the agents' cell phones. this would send all calls on those lines to their mobiles and they can use their mobile voicemail.

2) If they want system voicemail for the agents- install an ASM, program the extensions to FNA 2 rings, program VM boxes to give the caller the option to leave a message or press X to be redirected to the agent's mobile. Since the system can't tell whether or not an actual device is plugged into an analog port, this should eleminate the need to have a station with a set plugged in for voicemail.

Anyone tried either of these approaches? suggestions? recommendations?

A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

For option 1 I would use Line Redirect, but yes either option should work. I don't think 3.0 did PRI though so i would check the software level before I move to the new place.

That was a guess at the version but you're right, must be newer. (but not much)

Line redirect?

f84. I'm not sure how this will work coming off an ata (or asm). You could try on a digital set. Program any digital set for the target line A&R, press f84, and reroute the inbound calls from that line.

I suspect the redirection will cancel when you remove the line from the set, though. It's worth a shot, and you can test it before they move.

riki the redirect will remain in effect even if you remove the line from the phone. i've used this for progammong multiple Target lines across a P to P T1 Cicuit. Just make sure you keep good notes in case you ever need to change any back.

hawks is correct, Line Redirect is like "Keep Dn Alive". It won't go away when telephone unplugged.

Adversity is Opportunity

Sweet. I've never had to do that, but it's good to know.

Stars all around.

Hey just thought of something for option 2, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You should be able to point a Target Line right into a mailbox. This way you do not need an ASM to do what you want.

If you use Express Messaging Line (Call Pilot) with the Target Line number inserted, I would tend to agree.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks, good ideas!

Can redirect point to the clients local voicemail. My situation is a MICS with octel vmail.

I have used the Destination Code matching the received digits before and it worked well..

Use the out bound tranfer in the mail box to transfer the call to the cells. Do this using linking and the line becomes free after the call is transfered and disn't burnup channelson pri..

Okay, the customer has gone squirrelly and now wants all calls for each target line to be sent directly to the agents' cell phones, completely bypassing their VM boxes. so i have some questions about the above posts:

Riki & Hawkes: Are you saying, program the target to an extension, f84 to the agent's cell, then remove the line and the redirect will remain?

Dbrewski: I removed the received digits from the target, used them as a destination code, pointed the destination code to a route, dial out was a cell phone #, absorb all, use PRI A. test called it and it just rang but the cell didn't. what am I missing

The customer is hysterical, thanks for the help

Add to the above:

I set up the ASM, built the extensions and mboxes, and programmed the boxes so that you get "thanks for calling x, to get their mobile press "7", to leave a message wait for the tone,"

Is there a way to program the box to not accept messages but still allow the user to press 7 to redirect out?

This would be a last resort

I believe on Call Pilot you can use the Alternate Greeting and choose the option, to not accept messages. I don't know if Outbound Transfer would still work.

Adversity is Opportunity

I got it. programmed the lines one at a time to an empty button on the receptionist phone, f84'd them to the agents' cells, and removed them. the programming stayed.

only issue at all is when you call the DID, there is about a 12 second lag before the caller hears a ring. this may cause people to drop the call thinking that there is a problem

oh, well... can't have everything. Thanks to everyone!!!

12 seconds? Are you using MOH, or is this true dead air response time? I'd hang up, too.

Are you sure these aren't analog DIDs? Because you could be at MICS 3.0 and use Line Redirection with that configuration. I had that delay issue, upgraded to MICS 4.1 and corrected it. This was obviuosly a while ago.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back