Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"phantom calls" at X10 on Partner ACS R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanlent

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
Ever since we had this system put in, maybe 5-6 times a day, extension 10 will ring for no apparent reason. It's an internal call ring pattern (ring-beep), and the right intercom light blinks. On a 34D phone, the system display says nothing - It continues to display the time/date. The phone will ring 3 times and then disconnect on its own. If I pick up, I hear a series of DTMF tones, then the line disconnects.

Any ideas why this would be behaving this way? (We have a Partner Voice Messaging PC card installed as well.)

Check and verify that the Ports to the Voice mail are correct.... The only ports that should be there are 78 and 79...

If you're referring to the ports in hunt group 7 for the messaging system, you may have hit the nail on the head. Extension 10 was assigned to that group. I removed it, so we'll see if the phantom ringing stops.

Thanks for the quick reply!
//Aeryck

Bingo, Bet you a Dollar to a donut that thats gonna fix your problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back