Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"pages" palette contents are shifted to the far right

Status
Not open for further replies.

norpor

Technical User
Jun 7, 2007
US
After months of using InDesign, and not having a problem, my "pages" palette contents are all shifted over to the far right side, so that they are just about cut off by the edge of my computer screen. i can't move them back to the center, and it's frustrating because i can't move pages within a document using that palette anymore. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Do I just need to reinstall the program? It doesn't go back to "normal" if I restart InDesign. Thanks!

Hi,
Try clicking on the pages tab, then drag the whole palette off the dock. Turn off the pages pallette (F12) then turn it back on again.

Alternatively, also try clicking on the little arrow to get the fly out menu, then select palette options. Try changing icon views from vertical to horizontal. That might help.

Good luck.

Greg

thanks.
i tried isolating the palette by itself, but that doesn't change anything. turning it off and on doesn't do anything either. if i change it to "horizontal" then i can't view the pages which are not in the immediate palette "window" because there is no scroll bar.

Try going to Window menu/Workspace and select Default. Then use Window menu to show Pages palette, and any others.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

thanks jmgalvin + peaon for your suggestions--i tried both these things and the palette remained unchanged... i did finally get in touch with adobe support, and they suggested that i update the preferences (basically just renaming the folder called "Version 4" to "OLDVersion 4"--not sure exactly what that does, but it worked!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back