Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Page Fault in Non-Paged Area" Aetupdd.sys 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceofbase

MIS
Feb 16, 2004
AU
Hi,

I'm having a issue with Windows 2000 Server when Using ERD Disk to reapair the OS.

This is what I'm getting during Windows 2000 Server bootup with Windows 2000 CD and using Promise Fast Trak SX4000 IDE RAID 5 Card with Intel Mother Board 82559.

During bootup I press F6 to detect and install the RAID Drivers and come to the point where is says " Insert ERD and either choose fast repair or manual repair" I choose fast repair and bang it spits out this error below;

Error is: Blue Screen of Death "Page Fault in Non-Paged Area setupdd.sys"

I have replaced the DC-ROM Drive, Promise IDE RAID Card, OS CD and the memory on the IDE RAID CARD.

The Server it self boot's up all o.k, but come to do ERD it spit's out the Blue Screen.

Any idea's, please!!!!

I believe there was an issue in the RAID driver in versions prior to 1.02.0.6.

I am using version 1.2.0.9 of the Drivers of RAID IDE Card.

Thanks!

setupdd.sys is sort of a helper driver for the RC that communicates with storage drivers, in your case the promise driver. Stop 50 means, ooops I requested something and didn't get back what I expected. Everything points to the RAID driver. You might want to ask the folks at Promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back