Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Object was open" database error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgmb

Programmer
Oct 21, 2004
CA
I'm working on a PB 9 window containing two datawindow objects (DWO). The DWOs originally have embedded SQL. I have converted them to use insert stored procedures (SP)in MS SQL Server 2000 (one stored proc for each DWO). I have tested the SPs in SQL Query Analyzer and they worked. But when I run the application I got the ff. error:

A database error has occurred.
Database error code: 999
Database error message:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Object was open.
No changes made to database.
execute dbo.p_insert_data;1

Please help! THANKS!!

Hi,

R u using Cursors in SP, in that case u need to Close and deallocate the cursor.... when u execute in a single user environment it works.. but in multiple user envronment it gives out this error..

Check it out and let me know in case u still face the same problem

Regards
Anjali

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not using cursors in SP. In this PB 9 window with two DWOs, two insert SPs are supposed to be executed one after the other when the user saves the data. The first insert SP executes but when executing the second insert SP, I got the "Object was open" error.

Thanks,
Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back