Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Not available" on VM interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewinr

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2002
CA
Hi all

We have a MICS that uses a VMI to connect a standard (analog) telephone.

Now we have a problem that when a caller dials the ext for the analog phone (via the VMI box), they get a message "the person you have called is not available. using the dialpad, please enter the ext you wish to call...". But the ext is not busy and it works (you can pickup the phone and dial out). This worked with no problems previously. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks for your help!
Ron

Now we have a problem that when a caller dials the ext for the analog phone (via the VMI box), they get a message "the person you have called is not available. using the dialpad, please enter the ext you wish to call...".

your analog phone talks????

ski season has started

I am not sure if your post is facetious or not, but in any case the answer is "no".

it is the external caller who hears that message, which I assume is generated by the startalk.

Can anybody suggest something?
Any idea how can we check if DND has somehow been enabled on that port?

Thanks
Ron

What has happened between the times that it worked and the time that it has not? Have you verified that the extension of the analog phone is the same as it was when this worked? Is set relocation turned on in your system?

Louie Roldan

Check the programming of the stations assigned to the VMI. I am pretty sure you got some odd forwarding or misc. programming.

Did you do a change DNs or anything?

NTL555

It sounds like the recording callers get when the VM is set to NO.

Take a look at F983, login, press 4 and ensure the VM is set to "Y".

I had a customer accidently set the option to "N" and no external callers could acces the VM. Because your problem is related to a VMI there may be a link.

Rob

Thanks for your suggestions.

Actually, we have made NO changes to the configuration as far as I know, and the only person who has access to the system does not have any idea how to make changes. So it appears that the problem happened "magically" by itself.

Regards, F983, thanks, we'll try that. We'll also verify that the ext has not changed by connecting a standard phone the VMI and calling an internal ext to see what comes up on the display...

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back