Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"No message to send" prompt in VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtierney

Vendor
Sep 29, 2003
US
I have a client on R3 (406 w/ VM Pro) who when people access their mailbox from a menu or from a *8 (Audix TUI) option, hear "No message to send. To access your mailbox. . ." instead of a beep to record a message. I was able to leave a message via a live transfer. To complicate things, I was also able to leave a message for another person in the office via the menu, but this person had the default Audix greeting (only name recorded).

Any thoughts?

JT

Im not sure if this will help you or not. I often get the same error from the vmail when someone records their greeting and sometimes you can hear them press a digit to stop the recording. In-turn, the vmail system thinks the outside caller is hitting a option before the message has been recorded. Hence "no message to send". Check that out, I bet it will fix your problem.

Interesting. My first recommendation to her was to rerecord her greeting and allow a 1 sec pause before stopping. I just called again and used the 1 option to bypass the greeting and was able to record. She has not yet re-recorded her greeting, so I'll let you know. Thanks for the quick response.

JT

You can also edit the .wav file to remove the extra tone. Just delete the last second or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back