Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Network Communications Timeout"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkom

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
US
I received this when trying to connect to a IPO 406V2 - 3.2.17.
I was able to connect with no problems for 3 days then I got this message after sending the config back.
When I open up manager it sees the IPO, I put in the password and it times out.
Thanks,

does monitor connect ?
if it does look wat is happening
or maybe your firewall is blokking it

Monitor connects, Avaya Teir III has compared their monitor to mine and have found no differences. No firewall.

i'v had this before but i can't remember what the problem was
are you straight on th IPO of is this remote ?
maybe reinstalling the software on your pc ?

The VMPro w/ manager is connected to the IPO Switch.
I tried to connect from my laptop and was able to once then I got the same error.

I tried the old uninstall and reinstall......\

Tried installing manager on another PC and nada...

What security settings would I reset?

I had this same issue....after upgradeing...this was on my lab box...once every 10 times it would connect....I ened up doing a DTE flush and fill and now i have no issues.

you might try wacking out all your iproutes and rebuilding.

let us know what you find

This was an issue during the beta trials, but I haven't seen it since...

Hmmm....

Kris G.

I've seen this after upgrading to R3.2 and what i've done is input the IP Address, instead of using the boradcast address (255.25.255.255).

Having this same issue. Cant seem to put a finger on the cause. Seems like its relted to the network port on the IP Office. FYI I just was able to get in (At random). After making some config changes and reuploading the config, I cant replicate the issue. Strange !!!!

PS. Has there been any further feedback yet from Avaya Tier 3 on this?

I'm having the same problem with a brand new unit. I have DTE reset the unit a countless number of times, and same results on each occassion. System takes the 3.1.99 upgrade fine. Also takes the 3.2.17 upgrade fine, but once the unit reboots I can not get to it via manager or even ping it for that matter. This is the first time I have had an issue with 3.2. System is an IPO 406V2. I'm about to call tech support, so I'll re-post if I get any answers.

super ikey what do you mean with "at random" ???
do you mean with a assigned ip adres ???
at one costumer i can't get in with a static adress but can if i get one
strange but true
this is the same customer where i cleared the IPO and reprogrammed it

Instead of Reboot Immediate, try Reboot When Free. This seems to help keep IPO from hanging the network on reboot. Also, get remote controllable power outlets (I have one from Synaccess Networks, made in USA, great stuff). Use the remote controllable power outlets to power cycle the IPO when it gets stuck.

I spoke too soon. After doing a few Reboot When Free, the network hung, too. Still need to power cycle to get the network to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back