Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"My Computer" is acting strangely 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCNewbie

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
US
I need help. I'm not sure what has cause XP's My Computer to take forever to show the drives. Every time that I try to view My Computer, the search flashlight goes on for about 3-4 minutes before it shows my drives and the various folder. I do notice a (Z) drive that has the name memory_card NFIC.... The problems did not start until after I install the driver for HP 2510 all-in-one printer. Take the drivers off, it work for a little bit better, but quickly fell back into the "search" mode. Any idea? Thank you in advance.

Long

What AntiVirus proggy do you have installed, uninstall it and reboot, still the same? of course you should reinstall an AntiVirus progy thereafter... for safety...

had the same problem with a friends PC, tried everything I could thing off, nothing worked... then I uninstalled the AntiVirus proggy, cuz my buddy didn't like it and wanted another one, rebooted and the system ran like a charm?

You can also set the Service (WIA) to manual (not Automatic)...

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

bcastner & ben, many thanks. That did the trick. I can always start WIA manually.

Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back