Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Music On Hold" Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2001
US
I am looking for recommendations of "Music on hold" solutions for my PBX. I have a G3si r.11. I have plenty of open analog ports, in case I need any for this.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ron

Lot's of people out there just using a CD player on repeat. I use a Bogen digital tape deck that plays a four minute loop and have a local radio station master some spots we do on the air with music in between and run that. Interface is through an analog port and location is programmed on system-parameters features screen. Extensions which broadcast music on hold are controlled on COR form.

Here's an excerpt from the manual that may help.

1. Determine feature port assignment from Feature-Related System Parameters Form. (ch sys f)
2. Install the music source per the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Connect a cable from the assigned port carrier slot to J1 on the 909A/B. A
wiring block must be locally engineered.
4. Connect the T-lead at pin 5 and the R-lead at pin 4 of J1 on the 909A/B
universal coupler to the corresponding leads from the TN2183.
5. Connect the CT-lead at pin 5 and the CR-lead at pin 4 of J2 on the 909A/B
to the MDF.
6. Install patch cord/jumper wires at the MDF to connect tip and ring to the information outlet at the music source.
7. Set the Protection/Paging switch to C1.
8. Connect a modular cord from the information outlet to the music source.
9. Connect -48V to pin 5 and -48V RET to pin 2 of J3 on the 909A/B. The
power source may be an 1151A, 1151A2, or other approved power
supply.
10. Administer the switch for the new equipment.

I used a 5 disk Yamaha CDC 575 (discontinued so you might get it for under $250), This player is nice because it has a variable volume control so you can change the volume without any crazy resistor set ups. You can get RCA connector kits at radio shack for $1, punch your wires down to your aux port and then connect the wires to the RCA connector- one to the inside one to the outside. To be legal contact ASCAP about your music. Do not get a single disk player, it will drive your customers crazy to always hear the same hold music.

I couldn't find my manual this. could someone help me out

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back