Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Multiple-step operation generated errors..." ?! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphard

Programmer
Jul 22, 2004
RS
Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value."
This message is shown when try to open ADOTable which has DataSource property set.
On MySQL 4.1 this error wasn't occur, but since I upgrade to MySQL 5.0, I can't run program (i.e. open ADOTables within).
Any idea?
Thanks very much!

Lapsus!
Correct is:
This message is shown when try to open ADOTable which has [highlight] MasterSource [/highlight] property set.

Does your ADOConnection work OK?
Can you open a simple ADOQuery against a table?
What is your Operating System?
It may be a question of upgrading your DB connectivity.
Peter

ADOConnection works well with most ADOTables/ADOQueries in my programm, but several Tables (also Query that select from same DB Table) generate error when try to open them.
OS is WinXP Pro SP2, with MyODBC 3.51.8 and MySQL 5.0.15. When downgrade to MySQL 4.1.13 error doesn't occur!!?
I think problem is inside DB, but don't know what!? Some Tables are OK, some not...

This suggests to me that it may be something to do with your field names. Are you using names that are now reserved words, for example? Can you provide an example of the field names of tables that don't work?

Peter

I find that problem occurs in Tables containing field of Decimal type!? For example, in such Tables I have field "Price", Decimal(8,2). When remove that field, error message doesn't appear!? What's wrong? Do I have to set some special Property for that field in Delphi?

After changing Decimal fields to Double error doesn't occur!? Why, I don't know. Do you have explanation?
Regardless, thank you Peter for patience and assistance.
All I can do is to give you one Star.

Decimal isn't a standard Data Type in Delphi, and seems to be to be pretty old fashioned and relatively inefficient. In a sense, you are fortunate they supported in relation to 4.1! Glad my suggestion worked. Ta for the star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back