Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Message" button no longers auto dials voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTed

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
NEAX 2400 IPX switch using both DTR's and ITR's. However the issue seems to be limited to only one phone (maybe two) at this time. All other phones on the switch auto dial our voice-mail when you go off hook and press the "Message" button (Right below the "Directory" button on a Determ Series i phone).

I have changed out the phone, the Len #, the card and the PIM that the phone is on. It just will not auto dial our voice-mail like every other phone on the switch will.

Any other suggestions?

All phones on this switch are "Tenant 1".

Ted

Are you sure that the button has been programmed? Program it the same way as you would a speed dial button. I believe it's FNC/Feature + button + VM pilot. Or, CNF + button + VM pilot + CNF.

FEATURE + BUTTON + VOICE MAIL PILOT + FEATURE

I'll give that a try. However this has never been an issue before. Anytime I install a new phone from scratch on that switch (find an unused DID and an unused LENS and introduce them, let them go on a few dates ...some flowers..etc) that "Message" button has always worked to dial our voice-mail.

Ted

Reprograming it worked.

It seems to be a system wide programing in our switch. I have to wonder if in a previous incarnation that phone number (4 digit extension, aka DID) someone was playing with the phone and programmed the number. I'm not 100% sure that I have ever seen this happen on that switch before.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back