Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Media provided to continue backup already contains data" -error messa 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akertesz

MIS
Mar 23, 2001
US
I am using an Exabyte 220 Autoloader, with 2 Mammoth drives, partitioned into 10 partitions using the Veritas software. Server is NT4, sp6a, 2GB RAM, BE v8.5 build 3572. I run two concurrent jobs nightly at 9:00pm, all jobs complete successfully except the very last one on Friday. The jobs are set this way due to amount of data, and heavy traffic on the server. The job that is failing backsup about 58GB of data then fails. I replaced the .pvl file a week ago, the Friday after I did that the job ran successfully. Now it is failing again. The jobs are full backups, just selective through the job definition. Due to the nature of our business this is best for us, no incremental or differential. This started occurring right after the upgrade from v8.0 to v8.5. Veritas support has not been able to figure this one out either. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

hI

okay the problem is the backup exec knows the data has already been backed up once it is trying to backup data twice and it the tape is full, i use HP Autoloader with 8 tapes so you need to either cut the jobs by day or run jobs twice if using single tape drive. If not you need to insert another DLT tapes just for backup give this try.

Ta

Prafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back