Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Logon Failure" Help Needed ASAP PLEASE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robctech

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2001
CA
Situation:

I am running 2000 server is IIS services utilizing the ftp for transfering for my clients. If I attempt to logon under my own account I have no problems as I have administrator access. I have created a group for ftp access and then done the following:

Local Security Policy
- User Rights Assignments
Added FTP Users Group to the following.
- Access this computer from the network
- Log On Locally

But now I am still having a problem when trying to log in from one of the accounts. It fails login and the following message appears in the log. I need help with this ASAP PLEASE

Log Message:
The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'blcopoll' due to the following error: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

I gave a star to markdmac because he was right on the money... Glad to hear the problem is gone......

he was right but he was also wrong. The user did have the rights but in local policy...not domain controller policy...

Oh not saying he shouldn't have got the star...just clarifing thats all..appoligies to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back