Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Loading routera.cfg" error message>>Anyone know how to correct 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekguy88

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2004
US
I'm getting this error message of:

loading routera.cfg
loading cisconet.cfg

Cisco 2520 router when idle. Router works fine otherwise, but gets annoying time after time. I'm very new to the cisco world and think that this error message comes on after I tried to erase the NVRAM............dunno for sure, but any insight, links or solution to this annoying problem would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

It'll probably be an easy solution for you experienced cisco techie, but I'll try anything to resolve this.

CHEERS!

Hello
I have experience this problem with quit a few IOS.I think it's base on a new feature in the realease of the some of Cisco IOS.When the router doesn't have a configuration file it looks for one,from a tftp server on the network if it doesn't find one then it looks to the cisconet.cfg and so on.The feature is pretty cool but can be annoying if you don't need it.
If you want to get pratical make a "router.confg" and turn on a tftp server.and you will see it will load the file to router.
Regards

type in the command "no service config" to stop your router from looking for tftp to load file from.

should work.

Hello Baye,

Your advice cured that annoying problem. It's been quite awhile as I did not get around this problem till recently.

thanks again.

Tekguy88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back