Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"List VDN" command ("Name" only equals 22 characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
I have a G3r version 11, when I type the command "list VDN," the "name" field only identifies the first 22 characters, therefore not displaying all characters I need when exporting to a file. However, if you display a VDN individually, the entire name appears. This never happend before in earlier versions. Is there a way to add to the number of characters in the "name" field?

I'm looking forward to the easy answer that I can't find.

I've never noticed this before - I always use the "Export Data" under the Advanced tab and I receive the full name. Exporting from a "list VDN" and then using the right-mouse click does cut off the name field, though. I wonder why....

Susan
[sub]A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.[/sub]
[sup]Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)[/sup]

Drewz,

I have the same situation. I am looking forward to a positive reply from one of the guru's on this site.

hrm, i've got a r9.5 and it works right

could it be a terminal setting? i'm using 4410

BuckWeet

Actually, I do need to clarify, but just a little bit. When I export the file, the full name does appear. However, when completing a "list VDN" in ASA (under General -- Start GEDI) and trying to receive a printout of all of my VDN's, that's where the problem occurs..ONLY 22 CHARACTERS!!

Thanks for everyone's replies to this point..still looking forward to the missing answer...

If you exprot the file you can set the Field delimeter to tab and the text qualifier to none. Then open the exported file in Excel. Then you can change the column width to fit the entire name.

I believe this is a known issue with the R11 load and may get fixed in a superpatch. The Avaya site has a listing of all the known issues with R11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back