Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Job Failed" even tho it didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksen112

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
US
I get this sea of red in the logs talking about "job failed" But it really didnt, the only thing i can think of thats producing this is the fact that I'm not using remote agent on some servers and it complains about that. does anyone know of a way to shut BE up about warning for not using remote agent and telling me my jobs failed.

even tho the job runs ok I like that warm fuzzy feeling of seeing "job complete" 01110000

If this happens when backing up Win2k machines, it's probably because the Agent isn't installed on those machines. Even if everything else works, I believe BE will list a job as failed if the Agent isn't on a backed-up Win2k machine.

I also may be wrong on this. :)

lb

What version of Backup Exec are you running? In the newest release V8.6 they will not even allow you to attempt to backup servers that don't have the remote agents installed and license keys for all of them...

mot98
[pc]

"Every day I learn something new, and forget 10 things I learned long ago!"

I've had my mind boggled by these "technical failures" which are not really failures

they happen at the whim of Backup Exec

clear themselves up and go to successful again

then start again and stay "failed" even though the same amount of bytes is done evry night

no rhyme or reason when you compare the log of a "successful" job against a "failed job"

I did the Registry Entry about "don't fail because of a corrupt file"

But there is nothing really consistent

off again / on again

I had a slew of several weeks in a row with "successful";

then a power failure -- nuthin but red ever since

And yet the Logs do not indicate any difference; that's what I hate about this junk -- it won't tell you WHY it failed -- you can see that it got your data

yet there's that stupid red JOB FAILED

to summarize the whole night's work

I hate this software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back