Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"invalid table" message when editing a tableframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jartman2

MIS
Feb 22, 2003
US
Hi,

We are using Paradox 9 dev. ed. on a W2K network. One of the forms has a notebook and three tabs on it. Each tab has a tableframe, and each tableframe is attached to a separate table. There is a problem with one tableframe; when a user tries to edit an existing record in this tableframe, paradox gives the error message "invalid table" and doesn't let you edit the record, but it will let you enter a new record without any problem. The table in subject has 4 key fields and is in the form's data model with a link to the master table. I tried unlinking and relinking the table to the master in the datamodel, that didn't help. I did a keyword search in tek-tips on this subject but I didn't find anything related, I guess nobody had this problem before. So, if anybody has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know; it will be most appreciated.

Thanks, Zeliha

Zeliha,

Would you mind creating a small ZIP file containing the tables and form in question and then emailing those to the address on my profile? I'd like to look at this, poke at it, and then see what happens.

Thanks in advance...

-- Lance

Lance,
I am going to email you a zip file of the tables and the form today, as you suggested. Thanks for your help.

Zeliha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back