Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Insert CD4" - Mandrake 10 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohan

Technical User
Oct 5, 2001
US
So I'm installing Mandrake 10 Community and it asks for Installation CD4. Where do I get that? I've looked in a bunch of FTP archives and I can't find anything. The Mandrake sites don't offer any help on this either. Has anyone run into this?

i actually have cd 4, you get it with the boxed ver. It just has some extra software on it but i have never used it. you dont need cd 4 to do an install. first do a small install then add extra packages later.

whoops sorry said i had cd 4 or mandrake 10. What i meant to say was i have cd 4 of an earlier ver but the same advice applies.

Ok, that makes sense. So I should be able to cancel that when I get the message. Thanks!

you cannot cancel but as i already said you need to install the software that you already have ie do a small install and not a full

Actually, I've already installed it and selected the packages installed manually and when prompted for the 4th CD hitting cancel just continues the installation. Everything seems to be working fine. It doesn't make sense that you can download the first 3 cds for free but can't install it without the 4th which you only get by purchasing it retail.

No I agree but the forth cd has things like virus scanners and I think there was a game and some other stuff so maybe the software creators get money from this when a box set is purchased, glad that you have got round it anyway and good luck

Er, sorry if I sounded rude. I've been reading on alot of other miscellaneous forums with users who aren't so informative to newbie questions. I apologize. I've forgotten how easy and wonderful it is here on Tek-Tips.

Thanks again.

Shohn

Hey guys!

If you choose the 'more options' at the beginning of the install and type 'expert', you'll get the option to select which CD's you have available. CD4 is listed there by default, so you can deselect it and then you don't get prompted for it at all.

;-)

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other human invention in history...with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." -Mitch Ratcliffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back