Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Incompatible" error when trying to direct dial to SOME 9608 extensions at a remote site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straggle

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
I've got an IPO (9.0.9) running a home site (mostly 9508 stations) and a remote site on a VPN (all 9608 stations). I'm using a short code to do Direct Dial (*XXXX,Direct Dial, N, Line group ID 0), and am getting an "Incompatible" error when trying to direct dial several(but NOT all) of my 9608 stations at the remote site.

I'm confused by this because all of the stations are 9608s and some of them can be direct dialed, while others cannot.

Anyone got a good idea?

Thanks!

Sounds crazy, if the phones are registered at the local IP Office then you can call them by just dial the users phonenumber.

Who told you to use shortcodes?

nte-transmall.gif

Dial direct is paging a single phone.
Check if that is disabled in the settings

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Yes, of course I don't need the short code to intercom call other stations. The Direct Dial feature is like the old Voice Call feature on the Norstar systems where you (the caller) break in on the phone's speakerphone and can automatically have a 2 way conversion.

In order to use this feature a short code has to be built and dialed.

There is no trouble simply calling any of the stations (either the remote ones or the local ones, but there IS trouble using the Direct Dial feature to several of them.

Always provide all details when submitting a question would be quite helpfull to get help.
Did you use the monitor tool to see what the difference is between a working and a non working set?
Is "Deny Auto Intercom Calls" set on the phone which doesn't work?

Deny Auto Intercom is not activated on any station, and I have not used Monitor yet to troubleshoot this issue (holiday weekend and all).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back