Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Hunt " programing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcutler

Technical User
Jan 18, 2002
CA
Hi,

I have a four-line modem pool set up using the HUNT feature to skip over busy lines. Where I run into a problem is when the fourth line is in use.

Rather than get a busy signal, I get a ring no answer when a call is “Hunted” to this extension. ( If the DN is dialed directly you get a busy signal).

Both HUNT and FTR FDN are blank. What am I missing?

Rather than a busy signal, is it possible (advisable?) to have the last line in the chain HUNT back to the first in the chain? My thinking here is to allow people who are trying to connect to cycle through the four lines until (1) a line frees up or (2) their dialup client times out.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Peter.

Set that hunt and fdn to the first set in your hunt group and make sure in the cls you have hta and fna turned on.

Thanks Phonedude,

After thinking it through a bit more, I need the fourth line in the pool to ring busy rather that HUNT back to the first number in the chain.

Any suggestions on how I do this?

Thanks for the help.

Peter.

Peter,

On the last line set CLS to FND HTD if they are set up as 500's and if they appear on a 2000 phone set the LHK on the master phone to equal the key of the last line.

Hope this helps.

Gumpus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back