Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"HELP!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex2K

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
Hello All,

One of my employees has just gotten married and I need to update their e-mail to reflect the new name. How is this done? I also need to target all incoming mail into the new one and merge the old mail with the new mail. Please direct me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

In NWAdmin you can highlight the user and click Object/Rename. Once the name is changed, set up a Nickname indicating the user's former name.

following on from this...

is there any way to allow periods in the nicknames? we use the format firstname.lastname@domain so would like to keep various people maiden names still working for a while.. Using aliasesmeans thatall the outgoing mail still goes under the original maiden name, which kind of defeats the purpose of renaming them!

To Didgers,

You can assign how you want all email to flow out using the GWIA. In Groupwise Operations, go to Internet addressing, and choose firstname.lastname@internet domain.com. This will send all email out this way.

Sean

seancane- just tried this, however the alias still seems to override this setting! :(

The alias is doing it's job; it should override the system setting, thats what it's supposed to do.

A small recap; an alias is an alternat sender name stamped onto outgoing mail so if you are joeshmoe@novell.com , your mail will be stamped the alias of DirkDilianger@microsoft.com so your return path is not the source path. Nicknames are alternat user names for incomming mail.

So alias = outgoing
nickname = incomming Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer

Provogeek is right. The alias will override everything. To make it universal, take out the alias, and choose the firstname.lastname@domain.com setting. This will take affect across the entire mail system.

Seancane

I need help with Novell Groupwise Mail.

I would like to set up my email so when I receive an incoming email a notice pops up informing me of such.

I am using version 4.0.1.4.

Any help would be apreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back