Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Handle is Invalid" error message when saving a report 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelseatech

Instructor
Aug 25, 2001
NZ
I've got CR8.5 running on Win XP. Have just loaded XP/SP2, CR 8.5 hot fixes and a bunch of windows updates for the .NET framework.

Now, when I create a new report using ODBC (and the Xtreme Sample data), I can't save the report anywhere. I get the error message "The handle is invalid".

I also have CR9 and 10 on the same machines and they are both fine. But 8.5 doesn't like saving reports any more.

I have the same problem on two machines - both with similar configs and software.

Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it?

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

I had the same problem after applying XP SP2. The problem went away after I removed XP SP2.

I found this answer on the Business Objects Web Crystal Reports forum of all places. And I'd like to thank DanielDr for the post there.

He solved this problem by setting the File>Properties for "crw32.exe" to "Win2000 compatible Setting".

I tried it and it works great!!!

Thanks very much for that. I've just tried it and it's fixed my problem.

The BO solution from their technical people was to uninstall SP2, and I was reluctant to do that. I've got other machines running SP2 and Cr8.5 working fine. Just something strange on a couple of machines.

I'd like to know why that fixed the problem, but am hapy that it has solved the problem.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back