Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Ham-radio" talks in my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virpima

Technical User
Apr 12, 2002
US
I using Windows XP Professional, and I have networkcard and modem installed and I using dial up when I going to internet. I am not connected to network, and I dont have wireless networkcard. I have latest virussoftware and automatic update. My computer didnt be online when I suddenly started hear like " ham-radio" conversations from my speakers. I heard when one person talk to somebody, but I didnt hear that other one. How computer can pick up somebodys conversation and how I get rid of that? Anyone seen that happens?

See: How do I shield my speakers? How do I shield my laptop?

Most likely, if you had your TV on, you would have heard it on it as well... Probably, some ham operator near your house is causing this problem... Drive around your neighborhood and look for large antenna and you may find the source of your complaint... sometimes, just asking the operator to limit transmitter power is sufficient. RF Shielding described in the above article may help...

Also see:

TV was on, but didnt get any extra voices... I will looking around my neighbourhood..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back